While speaking to one of our reporters from Neckbeard News, the North Carolinian teenager stated that he had absolutely no idea that posting humorous content was against the rules of the popular subreddit. "I found a picture of something that made me laugh out loud and I thought 'Hey! You know what? Maybe the good folks over on r/funny will enjoy this!'", sighed the college student, as he struggled to hide his disappointment. "Unfortunately, it looks as though I've made the mistake of assuming that the name of a subreddit provides some sort of indication about the type of content that can be posted there."
Upon request, the moderation team were kind enough to provide us with some submission guidelines for their subreddit, so that we could pass them on and share them with the good gentlesirs that frequent our website.
- Do NOT submit anything that could be interpreted as being funny, humorous or hilarious.
- Do NOT submit image macros that were created after 2002.
- If your link can't be viewed via RES, your submission will be removed and you will be banned.
- DO submit content that has been ripped from its original author and re-hosted on Imgur. Why the hell would I want to visit some gay-ass website, lol.
- Creative submission titles are frowned upon. To err on the side of caution, you should find a previously-submitted title and reword it.
- Do NOT try and be original. That is NOT what our subreddit is about.